Importing products into Australia can be a daunting and time consuming task, as with any importing you are dealing with two sets of bureaucracy the customs requirements for exporting at the point of origin and also Customs & Quarantine here in Australia.
Once you have negotiated terms and costing of the products you are wanting to Import into Australia with your overseas supplier is then important to ensure you follow the procedures required and have the correct documentation to ensure a smooth and hassle free delivery to your door.
You can chose to import your products by airfreight or Sea freight, (Full container loads or LCL - part container loads ) depending on the size of your shipment we can help you decide the best and most cost effective service that suits you. No matter which method is suitable for you there are specific rules and regulations relating to importing into Australia.
Importing Globally – Customs rules and regulations
If you have purchased items that you are intending to sell or you ( personally ) have never used and the purchase value is over $ 1000 (Australian currency ) , you MUST employ the services of a licensed customs broker who has a digital certificate and direct communication to Customs electronically through the Customs Interactive System. (ICS interface). This is a directive of the Australian Customs Service and must be followed by all customs brokers.
- Australian regulations prohibit the importation of some items into Australia & certain documents are required to be completed for customs & quarantine clearance for each shipment. The variety and range of products Australian businesses import from overseas require knowledge and understanding to process effectively. ILW Australia has the knowledge of which documents are needed for importing all types of products into Australia, they also have online immediate access to the digital certification system of Australian Customs. ILW Australia will access the Australian customs system electronically to provide you with specific information about the products you are wanting to import.
Importing from UK and Europe – Our Guarantee
If you have any doubts about any or all of the items you are wanting to import from UK and Europe, contact us and we can guide you. We guarantee that you can rest assured that all information & documentation provided to us is 100% confidential. WE GUARANTEE IT
- We have agents in all ports in the UK and Europe therefore regardless of what province of china you purchase your products from we have the resources to make direct contact with your supplier to co-ordinate the order from their door to your door, whether it is airfreight, full container’s or part container loads for sea freight shipping from the UK and Europe.
We obtain all the necessary documents for the safe arrival of your product and complete the customs & quarantine clearance here in Australia.
List of some documents required for importing into Australia, but not for all shipments, contact us and we can guide you with the documents that are required for your particular product.
- Copy of your purchase order.
- Bill of lading
- Commercial invoice.
- Packing list.
- Packing declaration.
- Certificate of origin.
- Fumigation certificate.
- Manufacturers declaration.
- New & Unused declaration.
- Plywood – Manufacturers declaration.
- Import permit for any vehicles travelling on our roads. Download Click Here