Importing from UK & Europe can be a time consuming task, if you have purchased items you are intending to sell you will need to employ the services of an International Freight Forwarder & customs broker who has a digital certificate and direct communication to Customs electronically through the Customs Interactive System. (ICS interface).
Australian regulations prohibit the importation of some items into Australia such as animal products - includes any items made with rawhide, such as drums, shields, artefacts, dog chews; and any treated skins, hides, furs, hair or feathers (some may be prohibited under international wildlife legislation), certain documents are required to complete the customs & quarantine clearance for each shipment, not only do we have the knowledge of what products are allowed into Australia but also the documents needed for importing goods. ILW have the digital certificate to access the Australian customs system electronically to provide you with information about the products you want to import.
No matter which method is suitable for you there are specific rules and regulations relating to importing from UK and Europe.
Importing from UK and Europe – Customs rules and regulations
If you have purchased items from UK and Europe that you are intending to sell you MUST employ the services of a licensed customs broker who has a digital certificate and direct communication to Customs electronically through the Customs Interactive System. (ICS interface). This is a directive of the Australian Customs Service and must be followed by all customs brokers.
- Australian regulations prohibit the importation of some items into Australia & certain documents are required to be completed for customs & quarantine clearance for each shipment. The variety and range of products Australian businesses import from UK and Europe require knowledge and understanding to process effectively. ILW Australia has the knowledge of which documents are needed for importing all types of products from UK and Europe they also have online immediate access to the digital certification system of Australian Customs. ILW Australia will access the Australian customs system electronically to provide you with specific information about the products you are wanting to import.
Importing from UK and Europe – Our Guarantee
If you have any doubts about any or all of the items you are wanting to import from UK and Europe, contact us and we can guide you. We guarantee that you can rest assured that all information & documentation provided to us is 100% confidential. WE GUARANTEE IT
- We have agents in all ports in the UK and Europe therefore regardless of what country you purchase your products from we have the resources to make direct contact with your supplier to co-ordinate the order from their door to your door, whether it is airfreight, full container’s or part container loads for sea freight shipping from the UK and Europe.
We obtain all the necessary documents for the safe arrival of your product and complete the customs & quarantine clearance here in Australia.
List of some documents required for importing from UK and Europe, but not for all shipments, contact us and we can guide you with the documents that are required for your particular product.
- Copy of your purchase order.
- Bill of lading
- Commercial invoice.
- Packing list.
- Packing declaration.
- Certificate of origin.
- Fumigation certificate if your products contain any wood or timber.
- Brand new & unused manufacturers declaration.
- Import permit for any vehicles travelling on our roads. Download Click Here