Products from the USA are highly resourced products , this is mostly due to the high quality of manufacturing compared to other countries and also the Free Trade Agreement between Australia & USA. Importing from the USA can be a time consuming task especially if you are wanting to know if you product is covered under the FREE TRADE AGREEMENT . There are two main ways to import from USA, either by ship or air.
No matter which method is suitable for you there are specific rules and regulations relating to importing from USA.
Importing from USA – Customs rules and regulations
If you have purchased items from USA that you are intending to sell you MUST employ the services of a licensed customs broker who has a digital certificate and direct communication to Customs electronically through the Customs Interactive System. (ICS interface). This is a directive of the Australian Customs Service and must be followed by all customs brokers.
- Australian regulations prohibit the importation of some items into Australia & certain documents are required to be completed for customs & quarantine clearance for each shipment. The variety and range of products Australian businesses import from USA require knowledge and understanding to process effectively. ILW Australia has the knowledge of which documents are needed for importing all types of products from USA they also have online immediate access to the digital certification system of Australian Customs. ILW Australia will access the Australian customs system electronically to provide you with specific information about the products you are wanting to import.
Importing from USA – Our Guarantee
If you have any doubts about any or all of the items you are wanting to import from USA, contact us and we can guide you. We guarantee that you can rest assured that all information & documentation provided to us is 100% confidential. WE GUARANTEE IT
- Regardless of where you purchase your items from in the USA we have the resources to make direct contact with your supplier to co-ordinate the movement of your order from their door ( Zip code required ) to your door, whether it be airfreight, full container’s to part container loads for sea freight movements. We will make direct contact with your supplier and will obtain the necessary documents for a safe arrival of your product inclusive of complete the custom clearance & quarantine clearance here in Australia.
We obtain all the necessary documents for the safe arrival of your product and complete the customs & quarantine clearance here in Australia.
List of some documents required for importing from USA, but not for all shipments, contact us and we can guide you with the documents that are required for your particular product.
- Copy of your purchase order.
- Bill of lading
- Commercial invoice.
- Packing list.
- Packing declaration.
- Certificate of origin.
- ORIGINAL - Fumigation certificate if your products contain any wood or timber.
- Brand new & unused manufacturers declaration.
- Free Trade Agreement from your supplier.
- Import permit for any vehicles travelling on our roads. Download Click Here